Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Essentials: Jay-Z

In our third installment I'm not going to give you any history - just the facts... Jay-Z  is the greatest to ever do it. He's like a Chanel suit. He'll always be in style. Reminds me of Frank Sinatra in that he always was carried himself with such.... Class. He makes me wanna put a little extra somethin' in the way I rock and I don't even rap... Here are some of my favorite high points: The essentials. If you don't know nothing about this right here.... Honey, nevermind!


Heart of The City- Live MTV Unplugged.... This was the first "rap" album that my mother ever let me buy... 2001 was the year...  I was 15 years old and I fell in love. Jaguar Wright goes off, The Roots Band gives me life and Jay of course is Jay....





Lucifer- I love it simply because of the sample and the fact that it reminds me of my grandmother singin' old spirituals while she made breakfast on Saturday morning.... 




Roc Boy's will always be my favorite when I think about bein' a boss. I want nothing more than to be in the house, house house!!




Jigga That Nigga is sooooo dope live, and at the end there's an even sweeter suprise. 





Ok, Ok one more and then I'm done since I couldn't post one of my all-time fave Jay party songs "LaLaLa" (click the title to get wet with that one) I decided to post his post recent visual masterpiece.Everybody and they mama knows about the whispers about the Illuminati monkey business ( *Side-Eye*)... Just to clear it all up he decided to put out a little PSA telling exactly how he feels about the devil worshiping rumors.... "On to the Next One"









No comments:

Post a Comment