Thursday, January 7, 2010

Style Maven - Rihanna & Kelis


When I was going through my short-hair, wild, androgynous phase I would have been a big fat dirty liar if I said it wasn't influenced by the style points of Kelis and Rihanna. Kelis is the orginator and Rihanna was the perfector. Kelis in the last part of the 00"s ended up being the blueprint artist that laid the foundation for the crossover of many of the girls like me of my generation that grew up on her. I am still in love with this look but as I get a little older I'm startin' to lean towards a classic look with a great twist. I think that this style transformation saved Rihanna's ass in a major way. This is the justice to her beauty she deserves. I am still waiting on that new album Kelis.... Let's go mama..


No comments:

Post a Comment